Did You Aggravate a Pre-Existing Condition?

Did You Aggravate A Pre-Existing Condition At Work?

Only For The Injured

Trust in Our Attorneys' Experience with Workers' Comp

Don't let the workers' compensation insurance adjuster tell you that you don't qualify for benefits if your workplace accident aggravated an old injury. Even if an old medical problem is starting to act up because of your day-to-day job tasks, you may still qualify for temporary partial disability and healing period benefits while you recover.

Stop Asking Questions — Start Getting Answers

If you ask your human resources department, your boss or a workers' compensation insurance adjuster whether you are eligible for benefits because of an old injury, what do you think he or she will say? It is in his or her best interest to deny your claim and tell you to go back to work. Ask us, and we will tell you what the law says about your rights.

Our attorneys handle claims for all types of re-aggravated injuries or pre-existing conditions, including re-aggravated:
  • Neck, back and shoulder injuries
  • Head injuries, concussion
  • Surgical injuries
  • Bone fractures
  • Orthopedic replacement injuries
  • Depression, emotional and mental disabilities

Iowa's Second Injury Fund

If you already have a partial disability injury from your time in the U.S. military or a pre-existing disability to another part of your body, you may also be eligible for money from Iowa's Second Injury Fund. We can answer your questions about whether you qualify.

Getting the benefits you are entitled to for a pre-existing condition requires asking the right people the right questions. If you work anywhere in Iowa, you have an experienced team of dedicated workers' compensation lawyers on your side. Call Lawyer, Lawyer, Dutton & Drake, L.L.P. to discuss your circumstances. We offer a FREE consultation and we'll give you an honest evaluation of your case.
worker injured

Third-Party Lawsuits For Workplace Injuries

Under Iowa's workers' compensation laws, you generally forfeit the right to sue your employer for negligence when you accept workers' compensation benefits. That does not mean, however, that another party may not be sued for negligence or misconduct leading to your accident or injury. Third-party lawsuits can be filed against the property owner, the manufacturer of a defective product and other workers or subcontractors who acted in a negligent manner. Ask us for help.

Still trying to find the best workers' compensation law firm? Stop looking and start calling. Our partners each have more than 35 years of experience directly working in the field of Iowa workers' compensation law. No matter where you live and work, your workers' compensation claim will probably end up being processed through Des Moines. We are in nearby West Des Moines. We know the court system and you aren't going to find more experience anywhere in the state.

Why wait? Call us at 515-224-4400 or use our convenient email contact form to arrange a FREE consultation with one of our lawyers.
Share by: